Wisdom in Groups – Overview
Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel:
April 16th–20th 2018 • Fully Booked •
Professor Simon Bell
Enabling you to develop your skills in leading others through exploring both your impact and your influence.
Reflective practice is a vital skill when managing in a complex world. The Bayswater Institute Wisdom in Groups event is intended for leaders and organizational consultants in the public, private, faith-based and not-for-profit sectors who seek to develop their reflective practice.
Our focus on the world of work and organizations is key to the design of Wisdom in Groups and for this we use the ‘Double Task’ model. Double Task, originally invented by Harold Bridger, develops the idea that all organizations have in effect two tasks – the one they are set up to do, and a second task of developing and maintaining the processes for doing it. Both need to be understood and cared for if an organization is to be successful.
In Wisdom in Groups, you bring a ‘back-home’ task to work on and, during the event you will work on this even as you engage with your fellow Participants. In this way, the dynamics of group work at Wisdom in Groups are linked to your work situations back home, and are not split off into separate worlds.
By the end of Wisdom in Groups, it is anticipated that you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of individual, group and organizational dynamics and how they affect the achievement of purpose.
- Feel stronger, more resilient and better equipped in relation to your own leadership role.
- Understand how to engage with your employees more productively, and so to create and support healthy and effective organizational cultures and facilitate other towards responsible autonomy.
- Have new skills in internal and external collaboration.
- Have moved forward on the particular ‘wicked issues’ you brought with you to the event.
Wisdom in Groups will challenge you. It will require you to examine your motivations and your behaviour in groups, perhaps in more depth than you have before. The reward will be greater insight into yourself and others and a renewed sense of courage, resilience and focus in your leadership.
Look out for news of future events in 2018. Please contact us if you would like to attend.